The Warehouse Associate/Driver is responsible for safe, timely and courteous driving and loading/unloading of deliveries and pickups of donations, shipments, and products. The Warehouse Associate reports to the Warehouse Manager of Community Food Bank.
Please no calls to the food bank office. To apply: Call Judith at Infinity Staffing: (831) 638-0360.
Essential job functions
- Safely load and unload warehouse shipments using proper equipment.
- Assist local agency representatives and/or clients in picking up orders.
- Safely operate material handling equipment such as conventional and standup reach forklifts, stackers, powered and manual pallet jacks and hand trucks.
- Safely drive to pick up donations and make deliveries to clients and agencies.
- Be a proactive and positive member of the Food Bank team.
- Report any accidents or injuries, incurred or observed, immediately according to Food Bank policies and procedures.
- Keep warehouse areas clean and perform other housekeeping and sanitation duties. Perform pest control inspections and/or maintain temperature and pest control logs, as needed.
- Perform light maintenance and inspect vehicles for cleanliness, fluid levels, and damage.
- May perform light building maintenance, as needed.
- Safely pack and load food and other items for delivery.
- Ensure all appropriate paperwork is acquired prior to departure.
- Manage departure times to ensure on time arrivals.
- Maintain positive attitude and friendly demeanor while representing Community Food Bank at all times.
- Maintain control of situations both positive and negative while working with clients.
- Complete all necessary paperwork legibly and return to office in timely manner.
- Return all perishable food items to proper storage as soon as possible.
- Return truck clean and ready for next delivery or pick-up.
- Develop and maintain positive, effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, donors, and clients.
- Report for scheduled days and hours on time and ready to work.
- Understand and be fully committed to the mission, vision, values, and goals of Community Food Bank.
- Perform other duties as needed and/or upon request.
Must possess a combination of education, experience, skills, and abilities necessary to carry out the job, including but not limited to the following:
- Ability to work with sensitivity and without discrimination towards people of diverse cultures, races/ethnicities, socio-economic positions, ages, religions, genders, physical/mental challenges, and sexual orientations
- Valid California Class C Driver’s License with a good driving record
- Basic mechanical, math and writing skills
- Ability to complete multiple tasks within a changing work environment
- Ability to work independently, and on own initiative
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to our member agencies, donors, clients, and fellow staff
- Skilled at operating material handling equipment, current Fork Lift Certification preferred
Physical requirements / Working conditions
- Ability to lift and carry up to 60 pounds frequently
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment with temperatures ranging from 30° to 90°+
- Ability to work in coolers and freezers
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, kneel, and reach above shoulder height