USDA Emergency Food Assistance

Through our partnership with Foodlink, we are able to share a variety of nutritious, high-quality foods from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).

USDA Emergency Food Assistance food bags are distributed in San Benito County once per month, on the second Saturday of each month from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm and the preceding Friday from 9:00am – 12:00 pm.

See USDA Distribution Locations and Schedule

The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) is a federal program that helps provide supplemental food to those who need it.

Need food?

San Benito County residents can call our office for questions and sign-up: (831) 637-0340

What kind of food does the USDA supply?

The types of foods USDA supplies vary depending on availability and on agricultural market conditions. More than 120 nutritious, high-quality products are available. Products include: canned, frozen, dried, and fresh fruits and vegetables, eggs, meat, poultry, fish, nuts, milk and cheese, and whole-grain and enriched grain products including rice, cereal, and pasta.

News and stories from the Community FoodBank newsletter

Get the latest updates in your inbox: